Course price: £39.00 inc VAT per person
Max people: One per login
Professional Practices & Responsibilities (PPR)
Professional Practices & Responsibility (PPR)
Who needs to do the RYA PPR training course?
A commercial endorsement is required for all RYA qualifications if you are intending to go to sea for financial gain, as part of your job or with passengers, other than friends and family.
How to take the RYA PPR training course
PPR course training will be available once the course fee has been paid online and our training team has created your account. We will email you your username and password along with a link to the PPR course pages by the end of the working day; office hours Monday - Friday. When logging on for the first time you will be prompted to change your password to maximise your PPR course security and you will be given the opportunity to complete your online profile. Once completed, you will simply need to log on to access the course and all the training aids provided on our interactive platform as well as email and telephone help.
Professional Practices & Responsibility will take 6-8 hours and finishes with a two stage online assessment, each with a time limit. However, there are mock assessments for you to use prior to the graded assessment to ensure you are ready. The questions used in the mock are drawn from the same database as those for the graded assessment, ensuring that your practice attempts accurately reflect how you may score in the final assessments.
Once you have successfully passed the graded assessment you can download your certificate and send it to the RYA with your commercial endorsement application.
RYA PPR Course - 4 Modules
Pre course information can be accessed through the guest login and provide more information on the course content:
- Commercial Environment: Showing how you and your qualifications fit into the professional maritime world.
- People: Explaining the importance of correct manning, keeping your skills up to date and the safe management of commercial vessels.
- Vessel: Teaching about the compulsory carriage and maintenance of safety equipment and how to create and implement risk control and operating procedures.
- Purpose: Making sure your vessel is suitable and legal for the work in which you are engaged, your obligations in protecting the environment, appropriate planning and situational awareness.
Professional Practices & Responsibilities (PPR) Fee Includes:
- Access to email and telephone support provided by our commercial training team
- Full course contents, assessment papers and certification